All face to face consultations are by appointment and can be either made by telephone or in person at the reception desk. Each appointment is for one patient only. All routine appointments are scheduled for 10 minutes duration. Patients have the right to request the doctor of their choice and the surgery will try to accommodate this whenever possible.
Appointments for procedures or medicals may be scheduled. Patients requesting these types of appointments should make the receptionist aware so that the appropriate time is booked for the appointment.
- With a doctor: For routine consultations we will offer patients an appointment as soon as possible - the earliest routine appointment may not be with the doctor of your choice. For medically urgent requests, we will offer an appointment on the same day.
- With a practice nurse: For routine appointments we will aim to offer an appointment within five working days.
- Surgeries will normally start on time
- We expect patients to be seen within twenty minutes of their appointment time, and in the event of a delay we will offer an explanation.
- When a doctor is called away on an emergency we will inform the patients and give them an opportunity to book an alternative appointment, or if preferred, to be seen by another doctor.
The receptionist is able to take details from patients for a telephone slot to speak to a doctor regarding a routine matters which does not need an appointment. The receptionist may ask you a few details so that they may obtain some information for the doctor. The doctor may ring you at any time during the day when they have opportunity. If you have an emergency please contact the reception immediately and state that you have a medical emergency. In some cases the receptionist will be required to take some detailed information.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. We monitor the number of patients each month who Do Not Attend appointments in the health centre. We adhere to a strict DNA policy.